I am thrilled that I was nominated for the Very Inspiring Blogger Award by Wendy Strohm (http://wendystrohm.wordpress.com/), whose blog I discovered through luck. I enjoy her poems daily. Thank you Wendy for this honor!
The rules of the award include that I share 7 things about myself, and then pass the award on to 7 other bloggers and let them know I have awarded them.
1. I live in the San Francisco Bay area (after childhood in southern New Jersey, college in Virginia and Pennsylvania, young adulthood in Delaware, and a 10-year-stint just recently in the Boston area).
2. I read at least a book a week. Almost all fiction. I roam from literary fiction, mystery, romantic suspense, chick lit, and sci fi/fantasy. Love it all!
3. I walk with my pal Henry (a 10-year-old golden) at least an hour a day on paths and sidewalks along the San Francisco Bay, where I hatch plots and ponder the secrets of the universe.
4. My man and I raised our two children in the Bay area, and now enjoy watching them raise their families in the Berkeley Hills and in Boston.
5. I work at the community Landmarks Society, where we small staff of five maintain four gorgeous historic sites, including the chapel where my guy and I were married, and then 28 years later, where our daughter was married. One of these days I’ll write about how we ‘live history.’
6. I’m afraid the 7 things about myself are boring. I don’t jump out of airplanes, sail the world, run marathons in Tahiti, nor do I bike races between SF and LA (all experienced by some of my friends!). Instead, I teach creative writing classes, I write, I read, I play with grandbabies, I walk, I love my man, talk to my kids almost daily, and, oh yeah, ponder the secrets of the universe.
7. I have completed my suspense novel, THE RIGHT MAN, and am in the process of deciding to self-publish. The book is fun, fast-paced, and I can’t wait to share it with you all!
Now, 7 bloggers who inspire me, in no necessary order:
1. http://wendystrohm.wordpress.com/ (accessible poetry)
2. http://compassionateteachersf.blogspot.com/ (delightful musings on the ‘Zen’ life)
3. http://www.hencam.com/henblog/ (a delightful blog about life in the Little Pond Farm coop)
4. http://telltalesouls.com/blog/ (wonderful insights into writing a mother memoir, as well as great book reviews)
5. http://upwoods.wordpress.com/2012/04/19/shanghai-and-away/ (heartfelt writings about life in Lake Superior)
6. http://www.dailylifestuff.blogspot.com/ (beautiful daily life photos and comments of family and nature)
7. http://www.abbyofftherecord.com/2012/04/18/work-worth-and-figuring-out-what-really-matters/ (fun and honest stories on young motherhood and LIFE)
To my readers, THANK YOU for sharing my muse.
Other awards I’ve received this year: