I am thrilled that I was nominated for the Very Inspiring Blogger Award by Wendy Strohm (http://wendystrohm.wordpress.com/), whose blog I discovered through luck. I enjoy her poems daily. Thank you Wendy for this honor!
The rules of the award include that I share 7 things about myself, and then pass the award on to 7 other bloggers and let them know I have awarded them.
1. I live in the San Francisco Bay area (after childhood in southern New Jersey, college in Virginia and Pennsylvania, young adulthood in Delaware, and a 10-year-stint just recently in the Boston area).
2. I read at least a book a week. Almost all fiction. I roam from literary fiction, mystery, romantic suspense, chick lit, and sci fi/fantasy. Love it all!
3. I walk with my pal Henry (a 10-year-old golden) at least an hour a day on paths and sidewalks along the San Francisco Bay, where I hatch plots and ponder the secrets of the universe.
4. My man and I raised our two children in the Bay area, and now enjoy watching them raise their families in the Berkeley Hills and in Boston.
5. I work at the community Landmarks Society, where we small staff of five maintain four gorgeous historic sites, including the chapel where my guy and I were married, and then 28 years later, where our daughter was married. One of these days I’ll write about how we ‘live history.’
6. I’m afraid the 7 things about myself are boring. I don’t jump out of airplanes, sail the world, run marathons in Tahiti, nor do I bike races between SF and LA (all experienced by some of my friends!). Instead, I teach creative writing classes, I write, I read, I play with grandbabies, I walk, I love my man, talk to my kids almost daily, and, oh yeah, ponder the secrets of the universe.
7. I have completed my suspense novel, THE RIGHT MAN, and am in the process of deciding to self-publish. The book is fun, fast-paced, and I can’t wait to share it with you all!
Now, 7 bloggers who inspire me, in no necessary order:
1. http://wendystrohm.wordpress.com/ (accessible poetry)
2. http://compassionateteachersf.blogspot.com/ (delightful musings on the ‘Zen’ life)
3. http://www.hencam.com/henblog/ (a delightful blog about life in the Little Pond Farm coop)
4. http://telltalesouls.com/blog/ (wonderful insights into writing a mother memoir, as well as great book reviews)
5. http://upwoods.wordpress.com/2012/04/19/shanghai-and-away/ (heartfelt writings about life in Lake Superior)
6. http://www.dailylifestuff.blogspot.com/ (beautiful daily life photos and comments of family and nature)
7. http://www.abbyofftherecord.com/2012/04/18/work-worth-and-figuring-out-what-really-matters/ (fun and honest stories on young motherhood and LIFE)
To my readers, THANK YOU for sharing my muse.
Other awards I’ve received this year:
9 thoughts on “Inspiring!”
Roughwighting, your blog IS inspiring. I don’t think we need to be jumping out of airplanes to be inspirational–I think we only need to living our own amazing (sometimes quiet) lives. What is inspirational is when we connect with our heart, our spirit, our minds, our bodies, and share it with others. Which I suspect you do… Thanks for the kind link and words to Lake Superior Spirit.
Thanks! It’s nice how we all can learn from AND appreciate each other!
I agree with Kathy – thank you for sharing
Yes, I agree with Kathy too. I think it’s pretty interesting how we choose to share a bit of our lives, whether it’s through poetry, photography, stories, etc. I’m so happy that Bob gave me your blog address!
Kudos to Bob! Give him a ‘thank you’ hug from me. And yes, blog writing is good when we give up a little part of ourselves to share with the world (or at least the part of the world reading our stuff). :+)
Inspiration can come from so many places I am discovering. Love your blog and it is inspirational.
Thanks so much for checking it out – glad we found each other through Twitter.
Thanks for sharing a bit of your world! And don’t worry about being “boring” remember we are all different in our ideas of excitement. To some it’s sailing around the world to others it’s cuddling on the couch with a loved one. 🙂
SO true! To be perfectly honest, I’ll take couch cuddling any day of the week. Thanks for reading my blog!
Comments are closed.