Who Am I? Who Are You?

Who Am I?I’m a curly-haired woman who loves fairytale fantasy, long walks along the water, communing silently with babies and animals, and reading for hours in a deep plush chair while sipping Tropical Green tea.

I dislike vapid vain chatter; inconsiderate drivers who turn without blinking; wayward souls who act as if they run the world; grocery carts with broken wheels; men who pinch women’s rears (yes, still!); unanswered e-mails; unplucked eyebrows; arguments; orange vests; and fruit drinks.

My heart soars with the soft, whisper-filled kisses of little ones; a sun salutation on a Hawaiian beach; a spontaneous loud laugh m&m'sfrom a coworker; a handful of M&M’s, particularly the green or blue ones; a sudden embrace from my irreplaceable guy.

The sounds I most enjoy: the swish of pens on paper (and the clack of a laptop) during one of my creative writing classes; the pounding surf on the New Jersey seashore; the beat of a Beatles tune; the bark of Henry, the dog, as he sits in front of his cookie jar,; the beginning melody of The Nutcracker Suite ballet; the soft plop of an omelet-filled plate placed in front of me at a sunny San Francisco corner café; the ‘hello Pammy’ call from my effervescent magnetic mom.

Hawaiian beach, solitude, happiness, loveLife is worthwhile because of soft classical music on a cold Sunday morning; two-hour conversations with a long-time friend; a tall diffident son who stares deeply into my eyes and says, ‘Love you, Mom’; a 2-year-old grandchild who sits quietly, attentively on my lap while listening to Good Night Moon; a foggy afternoon writing stories about people I’ve never met; a man who runs out to buy my special Earl Gray tea latte, non-fat milk with foam at 6:15 in the morning; a beautiful daughter who wears her heart on every sleeve and her love in her morning glory eyes.

That’s who I am.

Who are you?

43 thoughts on “Who Am I? Who Are You?

1. Diane says:

This piece was like a warm bath for my soul and made me think about all those wonderful moments and people that and love and appreciate. Thank you Pam!

2. thestorywoman says:

I’m simply a woman with a passion for “Keeping Spirits Alive” by teaching and inspiring daughters to keep their mothers’ spirits alive. Pam, your story in my book was so filled with your mother’s spirit that I practically think I know her! Loved this post.

3. Lara Schiffbauer says:

Just reading your post made me feel calmer. I am fire and emotion wrapped up in air and magic. I’m always looking for places to ground myself, and today your post provided me a landing spot. Thanks!

• roughwighting1 says:

I feel like I’m more water and magic (I’m a Pisces) but I’ve been called ‘airy,’ so I’m thrilled I could help ground you. Thank you for the compliment!

BTW, I love the Franklin quote on your blog. :+)

4. Anna Marie says:

That was beautiful! I’m keeping this as a reminder of my wonderful friend Pam and also to remember to be grateful for all the good things just an ordinary day can hold. Love it.
    Anna Marie

5. soonie2 says:

Pam, such beautiful, rich descriptions! I love reading your posts. Would your husband mind running out and picking me up a cappuccino? I could use one right about now…

6. Writerlious says:

Aw, you are my soul mate, Pam! Your post just brightened up my day (uh, I mean, night). It the little things like this that make life wonderful. :)

P.S.: I love Good Night Moon.

7. sonsothunder says:

Heh, sounds like you have all the fun… I mean, less the getting yer butt pinched while maneuvering heavy trafficked shopping areas with a “Ker-PluNker” shopping cart.. I hate those things too… I should start a business repairing shopping cart wheels at Walmart.

Love to hear your comments.

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s